Virtual Nurse Triage Service And The Role Of Today’s Nurse
How A Virtual Nurse Triage Service Can Transform Nursing
A Virtual Nurse Triage Service represent an ideal way to continue validating the practice of nursing while handling the day-to-day realities of providing care to patients. In order for nursing care to advance, the means of developing rapport and relationships for nursing care interactions need to evolve with these virtual and remote environments. Virtual and remote nurse triage offers many ways to transform how nursing is viewed.
- Nurse Triage Services can be provided from any location and at any time, meaning, the nurses and patients can be in different locations across different time zones.
- Nurse Triage Services can now assess, diagnose and implement the care of patients across from any location.
- Patients can access any nurse triage service directly when/where it makes sense for them.
- Remote Triage Nurses can access EMRs directly and better care for patients by viewing legal medical charts.
- Triage Nurses can chart and interact directly with EMRs to streamline charting and clinical documentation.
- Appropriate Nurse Triage Services can utilize a large pool of nurses with specific training for each type of provider.
- A Triage Service can be further innovated, increasing the flexibility of care delivery.
- A Triage Service can be delivered in more dynamic ways including video, text, SMS, and email.
With the ability to use mobile technology as a traveling, pocket sized, medical center, visiting nurses, MD and other home care related clinicians can easily communicate with patients and family members to ensure that they are receiving the right level of care at the right time.
As clinicians, nurses and health systems struggle with the idea of 24/7 care they will need to evaluate all types of delivery. As triage evolves from an in-house function, into a service that can be delivered by video, email, text, or phone, providers can remain confident that the compassionate care nurses deliver will still be front and center.